Sunday, August 5, 2007

Updated Etsy store...

So lets see..last night, I fixed up a medium/light weight corduroy skirt that had been in my to-do pile for a while, I shortened it a bit, took it in from a size 16 to about a size 10, and added a bit of lace at the bottom t dress it up some...I think it turned out pretty cute...

um...lets see...Also, today mom and I updated my Etsy store (www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com)

We listed several aprons, a few small purses, a girls toddler short/halter set, as well as a colonial styled floral dress....

I plan to this week, start on some fall themed items, then in a few weeks, get started on Christmas...I know..it is still early, but for those shoppers who actually don't wait until the last minute, and don't have time to make those homemade gifts they wanted to try for this year...its perfect timing...ha ha

so, anyways, I'll also be starting on a bunch of scarves for my shop for the coming winter/fall, hopefully I can use up alot of this yarn I got earlier then year...mom said "get it, you can start making stuff for winter"...that was in early spring....yeah..it sat in my drawer for a while..but tonight I dug it all out, tossed it on my bed, and just a few minutes ago picked out two cute colors for the first scarf....great thing about it, I'm cheating, using a nifty knitter hoop, so I can sit and watch TV or something, while being productive!...That's terrific for me, cause I always feel bad when I sit down for a few minutes of brain rot time...."What could I be doing instead that is actually productive?"...haha..eventually I'll learn how to knit...I know the basic "knit" but...well, I kinda forgot how to even START!....haha...but, one of theses days, maybe while on a vacation, I'll take a bit of yarn, knitting needles, and some how-to info, and finally really figure it out....

weellllll.....there isn't to much new...i may have already said this..but I got two bias tape makers from Hobby Lobby the other day, cant wait to try them out, so will have to find some kind of cool retro lots of bias tape apron to make....haha....I figured, its cheaper then buying it, in the long run, if you buy it pre-made, it is 3 dollars for 3 yards, while, you can buy a yard of fabric, and get way more then three yards out of it....so....you know..sometimes it will be better to buy it, but I think I'll have more fun making the "custom" bias, to actually match the other fabrics better....and WAY funner then just a solid color....polka dots, stripes, oooh FUN!

anyhow....that's my blog for tonight....

cheers,

~The Bella Modiste~

P.S.....I WILL get around to adding more blogs to my list of blogs..really..I will...so...I have a suggestion...you read my blog...and have a blog...leave a comment, and I'll add you to the list...deal?

oooh and a second note.....I MIGHT just might, be having a give away for my 20th post....so stay tuned....;)


No comments: