Wednesday, May 9, 2007

My first post...and an explaination of my blog name


Hello one and all...I'm new to this world of blogging...so please...excuse any and all mistakes...

First off about me, I'm a beginning seamstress, have been sewing only a year, and absolutely love it, I've finally found my thing...and of course, I'll forever be learning how to do this or that, and how not to do things.

About my blog name "Bella Modiste"....it's both Italian and French...no, I'm neither nationality(unless you go WAY back)...but it sounds better then the English translation of "Beautiful Dressmaker"....;)

What I plan to do with my blog...well I plan to share my projects and perhaps a touch of my daily life with a bunch of lovely ladies on a site called maryjanesfarm.com. If you are a farmgirl type or just like a simpler life, or even just love to craft it's a wonderful place with wonderful ladies, and I would suggest you check it out.

And I apologize in advance, I will probably be neglecting this new blog a bit this week as I am busy finishing up the school year.

Another blog to check out:
http://www.thetrailhike.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

hey there gal! welcome to "blogland"!

smoothiejuice's hectichousehold said...

I am so glad you got a blog and great name. We all love it.

Bella Modiste said...

Thank you Jessica!